Monday, January 21, 2008

This one is my dh's fav shot. Tyson spends a lot of time in the penalty box and dh thinks this is a good action shot of him coming out. Slightly blurred though...
Nikon D50, f/6, 1/50, 300mm, ISO 800
No Flash, RAW adjustments, cropping in photoshop
**Note - This photo should have been a LOT more blurry... you can normally only hand hold about the same speed as your focal length - 1/50 = 50mm (thereabouts), and 300mm = 1/300 (thereabouts)... using 1/50 and 300mm should have required a tripod. I stiffened myself right up and leaned my camera against my knee (wasn't a pretty position, hehehe)... but, there is a relationship between focal length and shutter speed. ;o) This is why this picture is blurry. Had I been in manual mode, I would have selected a faster shutter speed to hand hold my shot.

6 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

Nice ... especially from your knee!

Marsha K. said...

I have read that tip somewhere... good thing to keep in mind! I am with your hubby - I really like this one too!!

cherie said...

that is a cool shot....like the game face expression here!

Gayle said...

This is, by far, my favorite of your action shots which all happen to be fabulous!

Kim said...

Very cool shots! Love this last one especially!

Leigh Anne said...

I think this is a great shot, even if it is a bit blurry - hehe