Sunday, January 13, 2008

Q&A: When to use a lens hood?






Hi, I took this shot and then realized that my lens was being flooded with too much light because I was facing towards the sun on a bright and sunny day. Time to pull out the lens hood...



As you can see, I'm pretty much in the same position. The only difference is the lens hood.

The settings were the same for both:

Nikon D50

f/4.5

1/500

ISO 200

6 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

thank you soooo much for the example!! no wonder I did not see a difference in the house LOL!! ;) is that in Mexico??

scrappinpa said...

what a difference a hood makes! great example!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the sample. I will have to keep that in mind.

Tonya said...

very cool examples.

Pixel Chixs Photography said...

I love my hood, what a difference they make! Where was this taken?

Jane F. Smith said...

AHH>>>good examples and thanks for sharing...I have been thinking of getting a lens hood and I think you just convinced me to do it!!!